Earlier this week we featured our Monday Member Spotlight Name that Member through email and on our social media and now it’s time for the BIG REVEAL! In case you missed it, here’s our Member’s story:
• I was born in Waukon, IA (which is Northeast Iowa – about 20 miles from the Mississippi River and 20 miles from the Minnesota border)
• My first 10 years of life, I lived on a farm
• I was the oldest of three girls
• I graduated from the University of Dubuque with a major in Christian Education and a minor in Social Studies
• We moved around Wisconsin and Iowa when our three kids were young but where we really raised our family was Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
• After 20 years I moved to Mitchell, South Dakota and this is where I retired
• Before I started working outside the home I enjoyed giving piano lessons to a number of young people
• Music has always been important to me, first it was piano then clarinet then organ
• I volunteered as a 4-H Leader
• I’ve been a member of the church since 2004
Who am I?
Do you give up?
I’m Shirley Schoffelman!
Betcha didn’t know all that about Shirley, did you?
Tell us your story! Complete our Name that Member Form or email firstname.lastname@example.org so you can be featured in an upcoming Monday Member Spotlight Name that Member!